Hardwood Floor Refinishing
The Wood Floor Refinishing Specialists For Harrisburg, Mount Carmel, Williamsport, Shamokin, Lewisburg, Danville, Allentown, Lebanon, And Beyond!
“Our floor refinish was a difficult project, we contracted Cody for our whole downstairs (sunroom, living room, dining room, kitchen, hallway and staircase), most of the areas were covered in glue from the old carpet backing along with several areas needing repair. What impressed us the most about Cody, besides his impeccable work, was that he contacted us right away after I left him a message. He even came and gave us an estimate that same day (which I live an hour and a half away). He was able to fit us into his busy schedule and was starting our job the day he said he would. Cody is very detail-oriented, friendly, courteous and even walked us through his process as my husband and I are first time homeowners and like fish out of water when it comes to home remodeling. Cody was able to give us a competitive estimate, which is almost exactly what we ended up paying in the end (no hidden surprises with Classic Touch Hardwood Flooring). Our old floors now look and feel fantastic. Classic Touch Wood Floors is obviously committed to quality workmanship and customer service. I will be calling them back to do refinish our upstairs and I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a hardwood flooring contractor.” – Ashlie D., Classic Touch Wood Floors Google Reviews, Five Stars
Homeowners from all around central Pennsylvania are going the same route that Ashlie has – choosing Classic Touch Wood Floors for their hardwood floor refinishing project. We were so thrilled with this glowing testimonial that we felt it significant enough to share it with our prospective customers looking for wood floor refinishing contractors in the area. From a timely response, a punctual arrival, and a fair, detailed quote, to the quality of work done from the wood floor installation’s start to finish, Cody and the rest of us at Classic Touch Wood Floors want you to understand the commitment to excellence which we employ. No matter the job type, we guarantee that the hardwood floor refinishing or repair project will be done right. All work done by Classic Touch is sure to leave you absolutely thrilled because of our exceptional blend of quality and affordability – and that’s not something you’re able to find just anywhere.
Let’s take a look at our background, services, process, materials, and more.
Who We Are
Based in Shamokin, PA, we are a locally owned and operated hardwood flooring company with a wealth of experience and plenty of passion for our line of work. This experience didn’t begin in Pennsylvania, though. Our professional experience in this industry started in Fort Payne, Alabama, as a matter of fact. Fate brought us up to Shamokin, PA, and we couldn’t be more happy to be a part of central Pennsylvania’s community. And although the location has changed by a thousand miles or so, the dedication to providing folks with an unparalleled level of customer service, communication, and hard work done the right way has not changed. Now we serve communities like Hershey, Mount Carmel, Bloomsburg, Danville, Sunbury, and more with hardwood flooring repair and installation services that are qualified by value and quality craftsmanship. Let’s take a closer look at our wood flooring services.
We have a wide range of wood flooring services for folks in Harrisburg, Danville, and beyond. We are fast becoming the hardwood flooring contractors of choice for people in central Pennsylvania – and for good reason. Read below to learn more. But first, remember that the next time you are in “research mode” for a hardwood flooring contractor in your area and you type something like “Hardwood Floor Refinishing Near Me” into your smartphone, you can simply remember the name “Classic Touch” in the first place to save yourself some trouble.
- New Wood Floor Installation – we have a robust wood floor installation service, meaning we do our best to bring your vision to life. We take the time to understand what you have in mind, as opposed to other contractors who might try to fit you into a “cookie cutter” mold in the interest of saving time. We want you to be thrilled with the work you receive, and that starts with you having the choice of flooring. You can choose between heart pine, red oak, white oak, Australian cypress, cherry, and even hickory. Genuinely, we can utilize any kind of wood that you have in mind – we just want you to be pleased with what you get. Keep in mind we install bare hardwood or pre-finished hardwood, engineered, and half-inch to three-quarter inch hardwood flooring. We can also do glue-down hardwood flooring on concrete slabs, borders, patterns, medallions, and flush mount vents. And if you are worried about some carpeting or particleboard that needs to be removed before the hardwood flooring install takes place, we can gladly remove it prior to installation.
- Wood Staining – when it comes to wood staining and finding a contractor worth their salt, you want to be assured of both the contractor’s experience and reputation. Of course, having an understanding that they will use only the best products and materials doesn’t hurt. At Classic Touch Wood Floors, we use high-quality stains which are fast-drying and offer high-grade durability on wood floors. You can select from a variety of custom stains and colors when going with Classic Touch.
- Wood Floor Repair – Perhaps you aren’t interested in a full-on hardwood floor installation. Maybe all you need is a little brush up and hardwood floor repair from Classic Touch. We can breath new life into your floor through our buff and recoat process that involves lightly sanding and cleaning them. Then we apply a new coat of high-quality finish to seal the deal. This is a cost-effective option for many looking to improve the look and feel of their home. Keep in mind we also can replace or repair broken floorboards without charging you an arm and a leg to do so.
- Wood Floor Refinishing – Quite simply, we are the hardwood floor refinishing experts in central Pennsylvania. Again, this service represents a cost-effective way to bring a renewed beauty to your home without breaking the piggy bank. Even wood floors that most would consider to be beyond the point of feasible repair can be helped by our wood floor refinishing techniques. How so? We use a dustless floor sanding process which dramatically lowers the amount of dust in the air. This is an attractive feature for our customers who deal with dust allergies. You then choose your stain type, which is followed by three coats of wood floor finish. We will recommend either a specific water or oil-based finish. With the appropriate care, which we will educate you about, you’ll be able to utilize the wood floor refinishing we’ve done to extend the beauty of your floor for many years to come.
Now that we’ve described our variety of wood floor services, allow us to shed some light on what you can expect in terms of our actual process for a given job. From quote to job completion, we want you to be as informed as possible when it comes to what you are paying for and what you can expect from us here at Classic Touch Wood Floors.
- Free Consultation – As long as you find yourself within our vast service area, you’ll receive a free consultation and quote from our friendly staff here at Classic Touch. We don’t nickel and dime you. We simply let you know what your custom vision would cost if you want it done beautifully and professionally by Classic Touch Wood Floors
- Our Sanding Process – The average hardwood floor contractor doesn’t go over the floor five times to ensure the job is done to perfection. We do.
- DuraSeal And Bona – DuraSeal stains are known for their high-quality aesthetic appeal in the wood flooring industry. They contain high solids content to afford any floor they are applied to with a deep color and sealing action. Likewise, we also utilize Bona stains. Bona offers 26 unique colors which can be blended to find your desired look.
- Poloplaz Finish – Poloplaz products are used in a variety of instances, from NBA floors, commercial buildings, to residential floors. That alone should clue you into their reputation and quality. They are a coating company worth utilizing – you’ll be very pleased with the end result.
- Vermont Coatings – As you can tell, we have access to an array of high quality coatings and finishes. Vermont Natural Coatings fits this description perfectly. Their Heirloom Fine Finish offers a safe and durable finish, harnessing the natural power of whey protein within their patented formula.
Our Wood Materials
As we’ve mentioned above, we can pretty much use any kind of wood that is used for wood floor installation projects. Even if it is an uncommon wood type, we can source it and masterfully apply it to your home. That being said, below you’ll find some examples and descriptions of some of our most popular wood types that our customers select.
- Heart Pine – Also known as Longleaf pine, heart pine is unique its above-average center of heart with a minimal amount of surrounding sapwood. Why does having a large heart portion matter? It’s dense, insect-resistant, hard and durable, heavy, rot-resistant, and is aesthetically pleasing to look at, to boot!
- Hickory – People choose hickory flooring because it looks fantastic. Country-style hickory typically has more variety in singular planks than you are able to find elsewhere. Even if you are looking for a more contemporary floor that doesn’t have a wealth of knots, high-grade hickory is a great solution for you. Hickory also is one of the very hardest woods on the market, meaning it resists scratches, splitting, and dents more effectively than most other options. Moreover, there are twelve different hickory species in North America. Being able to support the North American economy is an added bonus to an already stunning option.
- Cherry – Cherry wood, while not being the hardest of all wood types, is still considered durable overall. Perhaps the primary reason people choose cherry wood flooring is due to its distinctive look. It has an easy-going elegance to it, yet it isn’t the most expensive choice among your options, either. There are a variety of shades which staining can bring out in your cherry wood floor. This gives you the ability to tailor your wood floor to the desired look and feel for your home.
- Red Oak & White Oak – Both red and white oak flooring are naturally pale in hue. Both options also share the fact that they are affordable, durable, and easy to work with.
- Australian Cypress – A member of the pine family, Australian cypress is technically classified as a softwood. Even still, it’s the most durable and hardest softwood in existence. It’s a moderately-priced option with closed grain and a variety of colors. Choose from golden brown to creamy. If you are looking for a happy-medium between a rustic softwood floor but you are still looking for a long-lasting, durable option, Australian Cypress just might offer you the best of both worlds.
How To Select A Contractor For Your Hardwood Floor Refinishing Project
The prospect of selecting a quality hardwood floor refinishing contractor might seem daunting, especially if you’ve never gotten this kind of work done in your home before. Common sense can go a long way in situations like these; looking for a hardwood flooring company with positive reviews is a good place to start. Asking any friends that have had their wood floors recently repaired or refinished if they are pleased with the work they received is another smart idea. But there are other things to look out for. And while we are certainly biased, we want to prove our trustworthiness to you by offering you some pearls of wisdom we hope will help you in your search.
- Get multiple quotes. And when you do, make sure you are asking the right questions. For example, make sure your candidate is both insured and licensed to do the work you are looking for. Once you receive your quote (not merely an estimate), ask what kind of costs might arise throughout the project.
- Once you have chosen your wood floor company, make sure to have a conversation with them about what your role as the homeowner will look like throughout the duration of the project. Are you expected to leave your house for days on end? Are you expected to move the furniture yourself? If you go with Classic Touch Wood Floors, we will cover these kinds of questions ourselves to keep you as well informed as possible.
- Although the majority of jobs will take in the range between a few days and a business week, exceptions can arise. Getting together a thorough game plan can go a long way when it comes to making sure you aren’t faced with any surprises along the way.
- When it comes to a hardwood flooring refinishing project, you should realize that staying in your home comes with some potential inconveniences. For example, the equipment that is used is noisy, the stain in use will likely create a strong odor. Furthermore, you won’t be able to use the room that is being refinished for 24 hours after the polyurethane has been applied. You will need to plan out how this will affect your day-to-day life, and we just want you to be prepared, irrespective of whether you choose us as your wood floor refinisher or go with someone else.
- Our final piece of advice is to give your new floor a comprehensive inspection after the job is done. At Classic Touch, we want you to be 100-percent satisfied with all work done, so don’t hesitate to reach out to us after the fact if you have any questions or want to review a particular aspect of the job.
Reach Out To Us Today
No two jobs are the same when it comes to wood flooring projects. If you are looking for a wood floor refinishing company that puts the needs of their customers before anything else, consider Classic Touch Wood Floors. Our track record of doing excellent work combined with our attention to detail and high-quality materials makes us an attractive option for folks in Central Pennsylvania looking for a local hardwood floor company. Beautiful. Professional. Custom. Get your free quote today!